The objective of the programme “Green Economy and Sustainable Private Sector Development in Kyrgyzstan” is to increase long-term employment and better income opportunities in the context of sustainable economic development for men and women and for all population groups, especially young people, and including people with disabilities and members of ethnic minorities.
The objective of this module is to improve the employment situation in the tourism, livestock farming and fruit and vegetable sectors through the use of green economic approaches.
The target group consists of the owners, managers and employees of MSMEs, including agricultural enterprises, operating in the tourism, livestock and fruit and vegetable sectors. The project focuses on the regions of Issyk-Kul in the east the country and Osh in the south. The three sectors combined with the two priority regions comprise the area of intervention. The project will pay particular attention to women, young people (aged from 14 to 34) and people with disabilities.
Tasks of the Food Safety Expert:
- Responsibility for systematic improvements for risk management on food safety/green standards and food quality in Livestock VCs and the achievement of results in the above-mentioned areas (monitoring, inputs to reporting) which are part of the tender;
- Responsibility for provision of advice and trainings to different actors in the VCs on the pilot basis on food safety/green standards requirements as well as traceability systems for the actors of the Livestock VCs;
- Responsibility for capacity building of advisory services on green standards for livestock VCs;
- Building cooperation with experts & service providers: a) Establishing pool of experts: finding relevant experts; building cooperation structure between experts and the VC’s actors; b) To organize a fee-based approach on implementation of green standards.
- Consultancy and advise to the GIZ programme experts and programme partners on the issues of green standards implementation in Livestock VCs.
- University degree (bachelor’s/master’s) in food technology, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry;
- Knowledge of Russian (C2), knowledge of English (B2);
- 10 years of professional experience in the implementation of food safety standards (HACCP, ISO 22000, GLOBAL GAP ect.);
- 5 years of professional experience in food processing companies and/or catering (café, restaurant) as s food technologist;
- 5 years of experience working on DC projects
Contract period is from April 2021 till April/May 2023
Expert days in total: 260