By 2030, the new Egypt will achieve a competitive, balanced, diverse and knowledge-based economy characterized by equity, social inclusion and participation, together with a balanced and diverse ecosystem, and will benefit from its strategic location and human capital to realize sustainable development for the benefit of a better life for all Egyptians. Food safety is clearly becoming a growing priority for the Egyptian government. The establishment of the NFSA (National Food Safety Authority)by the president in 2017 reflects a growing awareness of and interest in food safety by the government.
The project aims to improve the quality of primary agricultural production for plant products and to contribute to the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goals 2.1 and 2.4 by introducing standards of good agricultural practice in state agricultural extension services.
- Completed university studies (Master or equivalent)
- Several years of professional experience
- Good knowledge of Arabic and English, both written and spoken
- University studies in the field of agriculture, economics, engineering food safety, quality assurance or control, food chemistry or equivalent
- Experience in advising ministries/state authorities
- Several years of professional experience in the field of food safety/food monitoring/quality assurance
- Professional experience in international cooperation
- Work experience in North Africa or the Middle East, preferably in Egypt
- German language skills will be an asset
- Cooperation and networking skills
- Ability to document complex issues in a clear, transparent and comprehensive manner
From 01.01.2022 for 3 years with an option for 1 year extension