The "Enhancing the Competitiveness of Small and Medium Size Enterprises project (ECOS)" in Uganda aims to increase the competitiveness of 1,000 Ugandan SMEs with the overall goal of creating employment and improving the employment situation of workers through increased income, secured jobs, and improved working conditions.
Tasks of the Technical Advisor: Access to Finance
- Support the team leader in managing and implementing all key outputs of this tender related to enhanced access to finance for participating SMEs.
- Responsible for actively pursuing access to finance for participating SMEs.
- Ensuring commitments and partnerships from financial institutions and other agencies.
- Developing course modules in key intervention areas targeting financial management and increased access to finance
- Taking cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality, environmental safeguards)
- Ensuring quality implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities in accordance with deadlines
- Liaise and coordinate project activities with all relevant stakeholders such as financial institutions and industry associations in Uganda.
- Training of the national expert pool in the use of models developed during the project.
- Support the deputy team leader in grant management of funds disbursed within this project.
- Education/Training: Master's Degree in any of these fields: Business Administration, Financial Management, Development Economics.
- Languages: Knowledge of English, C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience:7 years of professional experience in SME promotion and training in financial management / access to finance
- Specific professional experience:5 years of professional experience in conducting credit risk assessments with SMEs; 5 years of professional experience in working in the field of access to finance for SMEs in Uganda.
- Leadership/Management experience: Not Applicable
- Regional experience: 10 years of professional experience in Uganda
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 5 years of experience working on international development cooperation projects.
- Other: Certification in ACCA or CPA
Project duration: 2 years; input: 80 working days