The "Enhancing the Competitiveness of Small and Medium Size Enterprises project (ECOS)" in Uganda aims to increase the competitiveness of 1,000 Ugandan SMEs with the overall goal of creating employment and improving the employment situation of workers through increased income, secured jobs, and improved working conditions.
Tasks of the Deputy Team Leader:
- Support the Team Leader in managing and implementing all key outputs of this tender.
- Ensure quality implementation, monitoring, and reporting of project activities in accordance with deadlines.
- Take the lead in developing project models and working formats.
- Provide technical oversight for the project technical experts.
- Design, implement, monitor, and evaluate capacity development measures.
- Develop course modules in key intervention areas.
- Engage with local partner organizations and anchor organizations.
- Train and steer the local trainers, mentors, and coaches.
- Support knowledge management and peer exchange for the project.
- Support the Team Leader in leveraging private sector contributions.
- Manage financial grants disbursed within this project.
- Manage the call for applications and selection of project beneficiaries.
- Take cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality, environmental safeguards)
- Education/Training: Master's Degree in any of these fields: Business Administration, Financial Management, Development Economics.
- Languages: Knowledge of English, C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in working Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) development projects.
- Specific professional experience:5 years of professional experience in managing cooperation with the private sector.
- Leadership/management experience: 5 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- Regional experience: 5 years of work experience within the East African region.
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 5 years of experience working on international development cooperation projects.
- Other: 2 business models developed within the last ten years with clearly defined roles and responsibilities in developing each of the models;1 project of with experience in the processing of local subsidy or grant contracts to institutions according to GIZ requirements.
Project duration: 2 years; input: 90 working days