Cambodia’s agricultural sector is the most vulnerable sector to impacts of climate change, which are manifested in the form of increased temperatures, high variability of precipitation patterns, frequent droughts, floods, and increased salinity intrusion, especially in coastal areas.
The project aims to boost climate resilience of critical agricultural infrastructure and help commercialize rice, maize, cassava, and mango production. It will help increase crop productivity and diversification; improve the capacity for storage, processing, and quality and safety testing; and promote the use of solar and bioenergy. It will strengthen the technical and institutional capacity for climate-smart agriculture (CSA) and create an enabling policy environment for climate-friendly agribusinesses. The project has 3 outputs:
- Output 1: Critical agribusiness value chain infrastructure improved and made climate resilient.
- Output 2: Climate-smart agriculture and agribusiness promoted.
- Output 3: Enabling environment for climate-friendly agribusiness enhanced
The expert will report to the team leader and will be responsible for:
- Support the administration of day to day activities of implementation of pilot projects;
- Act as single point of contact for all project escalations during the implementation;
- Define requirements and set scope for agriculture information systems and solutions;
- Develop supporting infrastructure and business process required for maintaining projects. The support process includes establishment of services such as call centers for farmers and kiosks operation;
- Provide inputs to RFP for the ICT agriculture system components;
- Manage the entire bid process for system integrator onboarding;
- Draft the service level agreements and monitor its compliance by the system integrators;
- Develop policy, standards and capacity requirement needs for implementing the pilot and liaise with government in effecting the needed reforms;
- Develop and implement appropriate business models and business processes;
- Ensure project financials or in line with the budget;
- Develop management information system and associated analytical components;
- Undertake and support development of function specifications and design of the solutions; and
- Establish needed consultative mechanism for implementing the solution.
- A relevant educational background
- At least ten years’ experience government, international agencies and private sector works in the field of information technology applied in agriculture, forestry, and natural resources.
- Experience in designing and delivering agriculture ICT systems in Southeast Asia
- Experience in design and implementation of e-commerce solutions
6 person-months, intermittent