Cambodia’s agricultural sector is the most vulnerable sector to impacts of climate change, which are manifested in the form of increased temperatures, high variability of precipitation patterns, frequent droughts, floods, and increased salinity intrusion, especially in coastal areas.
The project aims to boost climate resilience of critical agricultural infrastructure and help commercialize rice, maize, cassava, and mango production. It will help increase crop productivity and diversification; improve the capacity for storage, processing, and quality and safety testing; and promote the use of solar and bioenergy. It will strengthen the technical and institutional capacity for climate-smart agriculture (CSA) and create an enabling policy environment for climate-friendly agribusinesses. The project has 3 outputs:
- Output 1: Critical agribusiness value chain infrastructure improved and made climate resilient.
- Output 2: Climate-smart agriculture and agribusiness promoted.
- Output 3: Enabling environment for climate-friendly agribusiness enhanced
(S)he will report to the e-Agriculture expert, and will be responsible for:
- Undertake defining scope and requirement for applying geospatial techniques such as GIS, GPS and satellite imageries applicable to the context of the project;
- Undertake design of climate smart farming systems in the selected model farms by applying techniques such as pest scouting, site specific pesticide management applications, variable rate irrigation software systems and yield mapping;
- Design customization needed for the software system to analyze automated information obtained through IoT techniques, remote sensing and other related information systems;
- Contribute to the RFP by way of providing technical and function specifications input and assist in evaluation and onboarding of system integrators;
- Guide the national coordinator in scanning the local market to assess availability of goods and services needed for precision farming and procure them following ADB processes;
- Develop and implement appropriate business models and business processes to maintain the application suite; and
- Develop and conduct training to the end-users and other stakeholders participating in the project.
- A a relevant educational background (preferably in electronics, instrumentation and IT)
- At least two years’ experience in IoT system implementation
- Experience in implementing solutions using IoT techniques, geo spatial technologies like GIS, and GPS, and sensor systems such as radio frequency identification techniques
- Experience with use of software to develop and or analyze maps or remote sensing images to compare physical topography with data on soil fertility, pest, weather among other
international, 6 person-months