Climate change plays a critical role in the world of development cooperation and thus in the implementation of our projects – directly or indirectly. Hence, investments in mitigation and adaptation measures are essential.
AFC provides technical assistance at different levels to encourage sustainable investments.
Our clients range from refinancing to primary lending institutions. We assist financial institutions in entering this emerging market through our services which include conducting feasibility studies; elaborating business plans; developing, implementing, and marketing innovative new products; training the bank staff; promoting awareness; and providing support to potential borrowers.
For upcoming green finance projects, we are looking for experts with previous work experience from the following topics:
- Main climate risks
- Climate risk mitigation and investment opportunities (potentiality by sector)
- Challenges in climate investments
- Emerging climate investments
- How mitigate climate legislation demand
- Eligibility criteria
- GHG mapping and reporting technics and tools
- A master’s degree in technical disciplines in the field of environmental engineering, environmental and natural resource management, climate change, and policy, sustainable finance, environment economics or related fields;
- 7 years of experience in climate finance and developing assessment and strategies on climate finance;
- 7 years of international experiences. Experience with least developed countries an advantage.
- Technical knowledge of climate change, mitigation, adaptation and/or climate financing;
- Experience with the development and structuring of innovative financial instruments and investment projects in relation to climate change;
- Experience working on financial reporting standards and financial regulations;