The EIB is considering the funding of a Technical Assistance Programme (“TA Programme”) to the benefit of Financial Institutions located in the Caribbean region, which are either existing or potential clients of the Bank.
The Caribbean region falls within the African, Caribbean and Pacific countries (ACPs) in which the EIB conducts lending and Technical Assistance projects. The Caribbean region is formed of Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago.
The objective of this TA Programme, financed by the ACP-IF subsidy envelope, is to deploy EIB’s funding in an efficient, responsible and sustainable manner, in accordance with the Bank’s standards and requirements through capacity building of Financial Institutions and Final Beneficiaries.
The consortium AFC/ADG/INTEGRATION is in charge of a similar project of EIB in East Africa since 2014.
They experts will work as consultant-trainers, to deliver training courses or as consultants to diagnose specific needs in the Financial Intermediaries and draft TOR implement those needs.
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking, or related field. Professional experience gained in a major commercial bank’s credit training and management induction programme;
- Fluent in English.
General Professional Experience.
- 5 years’ professional experience gained in a financial and credit analysis function in a credit department / corporate lending department of a commercial bank or microfinance bank;
- Practical experience and proven track record in organising and delivering professional bank training programmes and development of training materials in a commercial or microfinance bank;
- Good analytical skills in all aspects of the loan generation cycle, and in identification and mitigation of lending risks in the M/SME or microfinance sector.
Specific Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience within a commercial or microfinance bank, with specific focus on financial analysis and corporate / SME lending in a commercial bank (NPL management, identification of key lending risks, and participation in the drafting of loan contracts to mitigate and control identified risks). Knowledge of Basle 2, ALM, and IRB systems implementation is an advantage
- Experience in commercial lending to the corporate and SME sectors, with a focus on cash flow forecasting
- Good analytical skills in economic and SME project finance planning and implementation, fully conversant with market and financial analysis risk analysis techniques, and ability to analyse balance sheets and calculate key financial ratios for lending analysis
- They should be able to cover all the requisite training topics identified in section 4.2.2. They should be able to provide proof that they have successfully delivered such training programmes in EU banks as well as developing markets.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities accorded to them.
The period of execution of the contract will be 36 months