Interpreters facilitate communication between parties who speak two different languages (English - Bangla and vice versa) by interpreting, translating and re-communicating both verbal and written messages from one language into another. This includes both spoken languages.
The short-term translator/ interpreter will provide technically accurate translation of the requested documents from Bangla to English, and from English to Bangla. S/he will also be responsible for providing technically accurate verbal interpretation from Bangla to English and English to Bangla when needed. The translator/ interpreter will report directly to the Head of Office, while working cooperatively with the other project staff and partner organizations to contribute to the success of the project. This position is based in Dhaka.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Translate Verbal Communications
- Translate Written Communications
- Assist project Consultants
- Record Interactions
- Other duties as assigned by Administrative Officer
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Translating, interpreting, or any related field.
- Previous experience as interpreter
- Communication skills verbal and written,
- Empathy and awareness of various cultures
- Fluency in both English and Bangla
- Public speaker
- Fluency written and spoken English
- Fluency written and spoken Bangla
open, as soon as possible
The position is based in Dhaka at the AFC office within the Bangladesh Bank. The total duration of this fixed term contact is six months.
The remmunaration will be 600$ USD per month.