Agriculture is the third most important part of the economy following oil and construction sectors. Priority of the Strategic roadmap on agriculture and agricultural products processing sector is to “develop market infrastructure for agricultural products and facilitate access of producers to markets”. The long-term vision to 2025 is to create competitive agribusiness by strengthening the transition from traditional management to market-oriented, value-added, intensive agriculture.
The overall objective of this project, of which this contract will be a part, is to support Government efforts in the diversification of the eonomy while promoting balanced and inclusive growth, decreasing regional disparities and improving rural livelihoods, specifically by contributing to business development, investment promotion and employment generation.
The purpose of the contact is to support the development of a better informed, more market oriented and competitive small and medium sized farming agribusiness sector by increasing sales of traditionally produced agricultural and food products and which will contribute to the overall economic development of rural areas.
Qualifications and skills
- At least Master's degree relevant to this tender or in its absence a bachelor's degree relevant to this tender and 3 years above the required general professional experience;
- Excellent spoken and written English (at least level 2 on a scale of 1 [excellent] to 5 [basic]);
- Working knowledge of Azerbaijani, Russian or Turkish is an asset.
General professional experience
- Professional experience, of at least 10 years in purchase and/or sales and/or marketing of agricultural and/or food products of which at least 3 years in the EU;
- An asset: work experience as described above in former Soviet Union countries or IPA countries in the past 5 years.
Specific professional experience
- Previous management/team leader experience with the minimum 350 work days of input in at least one project implemented in development/implementation of policies/concepts to enhance market access/opportunities for locally produced agricultural products and food stuffs in the past 8 years in a third (non EU) country;
- At least 2 assignments each with at least 100 WD input in agri-food sector development or agri-food promotion/marketing strategy which was accepted by the client in the past 8 years;
- An asset: Experience in design and/or introduction/promotion of brands of agri-food products in the past 8 years.
The intended start date is 2nd quarter of 2019 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 30 months from this date. The minimum recommended input of KE1 is 440 working days.