The Government of the Republic of Angola has received a loan in the amount of 184 million EUR from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the French Development Agency (AFD) to implement the Commercial Agriculture Development Project (CADP). The CADP will initially support six value chains comprised of maize, coffee, soybeans, beans, as well as egg and poultry, in two economic corridors.
The CADP’s overall objective is to increase productivity and market access for individual farmers, cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the agribusiness sector. This support will be through a) Matching Grants (MG), b) Partial Credit Guarantees (PCG).
CADP will finance PCGs to be issued by the existing Credit Guarantee Fund (Fundo de Garantia de Crédito, CGF) through a project‐specific window CGFCGF.
According to the above-mentioned, CADP will look forward to identify one TSP to Support Project Interventions for Partial Credit Guarantees, that will demonstrate the required qualifications and relevant previous experience including the following areas: specialized technical assistance and training services to the financial sector institutions; formulation and/or implementation of partial credit guarantees schemes; and innovation processes linked to new credit products development.
The Technical Assistance and Training to be supplied by the selected TSP will include the following three areas: Technical Assistance and Training to Participant Financial Institutions; Technical Assistance and Training to the Credit Guarantee Fund; and Technical Assistance and Training to PIU.
Tasks of the expert:
- Overall planning and lead of activities related to support PFI’s, towards new technological credit products development and access to finance by the CADP’s target beneficiaries;
- Planning and implementation of new technological products that can be used for M&E system and credit provision;
- Ensure quality of work and timely delivery of technical outputs considering the overall Work Plan of the PFIs;
- Provide research, analysis, design testing and strategic evolution of mobile payments and financial services platform and system related to agricultural credit for CADP potential beneficiaries;
- Coordination with all key stakeholders/actors;
- Support reporting to PIU.
- A postgraduate degree on Innovation, Enterprise Development, and/or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in innovation projects with a focus on the area of innovation and/or monitoring and evaluation in central or southern African countries and/or Latin American developing countries;
- At least 2 years of experience on Monitoring and Evaluation at project level in central or southern African countries and/or Latin American developing countries.
IV quarter 2020, 12 months part-time position