The Government of the Republic of Angola has received a loan in the amount of 184 million EUR from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the French Development Agency (AFD) to implement the Commercial Agriculture Development Project (CADP). The CADP will initially support six value chains comprised of maize, coffee, soybeans, beans, as well as egg and poultry, in two economic corridors.
The CADP’s overall objective is to increase productivity and market access for individual farmers, cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the agribusiness sector. This support will be through a) Matching Grants (MG), b) Partial Credit Guarantees (PCG).
CADP will finance PCGs to be issued by the existing Credit Guarantee Fund (Fundo de Garantia de Crédito, CGF) through a project‐specific window. CGFCGF
According to the above-mentioned, CADP will look forward to identify one TSP to Support Project Interventions for Partial Credit Guarantees, that will demonstrate the required qualifications and relevant previous experience including the following areas: specialized technical assistance and training services to the financial sector institutions; formulation and/or implementation of partial credit guarantees schemes; and innovation processes linked to new credit products development.
The Technical Assistance and Training to be supplied by the selected TSP will include the following three areas: Technical Assistance and Training to Participant Financial Institutions; Technical Assistance and Training to the Credit Guarantee Fund; and Technical Assistance and Training to PIU.
Tasks of the Expert
- Provision of technical assistance to PFI/banks to better understand the agricultural sector so to adapt their services and carry out Credit Disbursement as well as Performance Evaluation;
- Provide technical assistance on how to develop a profitable agricultural portfolio, including achievement of allocated disbursement and recovery targets;
- Provide technical assistance to PFI on how to process loan cases and fulfil security/documentation requirements following the best practices established in the industry;
- Provide technical assistance on how to identify and select eligible potential clients for extending agricultural financing;
- Networking and coordination with value chain stakeholders/actors and other CADP’s TSP;
- Provide technical assistance in establishing and manage internal systems for effective and efficient monitoring and reporting;
- Provide technical assistance in coordinating and support of Result Based Management and Monitoring and Evaluation based portfolio necessary for the proper implementation of agricultural loans;
- Provide technical support in establishing and manage internal systems for effective portfolio management and reporting;
- Support set-up technical assistance and training processes;
- Support reporting to PIU.
- A postgraduate qualification in agribusiness, agricultural economics or related area;
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in developing countries, with at least three working in central or southern African countries;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience on Credit Disbursement as well as Performance Evaluation in southern African countries or similar developing countries;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience on technical assistance and training in central or southern African countries and/or Latin American developing countries;
- A strong track record, with experience and demonstrated skills in design and implementation of Business Plans as well as coordinating and developing solutions for agribusiness development;
- Familiarity with Angolan geophysical characteristics in general and agricultural and business environment in particular;
- Familiarity with Monitoring Systems, GIS systems, and georeferenced databases;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Familiarity to gender approach and environment and social safeguards approach;
- A working knowledge of the Portuguese and English languages is strongly preferred.
IV quarter 2020, 24 months permanent position