As part of the Indo-German intergovernmental consultations in Delhi, the Federal Minister of Food and Agriculture, Julia Klöckner, in talks with her Indian counterpart, Shri Nerendra Singh Tomar, signed a declaration of intent for another cooperation project, a technical dialogue on agricultural market development.
The aim of the BMEL's Bilateral Cooperation Programme (BKP) is to improve the framework conditions of the agricultural and food sector in order to create an efficient, resource-saving and entrepreneurial agricultural sector.
Indo-German cooperation on agricultural market development contributes to sustainable economic growth in India's agricultural sector and to improved living conditions in rural regions. It is thus in line with the development policy goals of the Indian government, such as its national policy to double farmers' incomes by 2022 by improving productivity, reducing input costs, creating competitive markets and strengthening value chains.
markets and strengthening value chains for agriculture and allied sectors. The project is also in line with the Digital India Programme, which aims to transform the country's agriculture sector through the use of digital technologies. These technologies are also expected to create skilled jobs and entrepreneurship opportunities in rural areas.
Task of the expert are:
- Support with the conception and Implementation of relevant analyses (under the management of Teamleader);
- Responsibility for the contents and methods in the planning and implementation of capacity building measures for agricultural marketing facilities and FPOs in the project regions (under the leadership of LZF 1);
- Support in the external presentation of the project
Required minimum requirements/exclusion criteria:
- University degree (Master's or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of professional experience Very good written and oral
- English language skills
Other (beneficial) qualifications/experience, which will be positively evaluated in the:
- University degree in Agribusiness, Marketing or a related field
- Professional experience in the field of agribusiness or agricultural market development
- Experience in conducting value chain analysis
- Many years of experience (3 years or experience (3 years or more) in organising and trainings for government staff and/or and/or farmer organisations
- Experience in organising and conducting forums, B2B meetings, study tours
- Experience in bilateral or international project cooperation
Regional expertise and language skills:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in India
- German language skills
- Hindi language skills
- Dravidian language skills
- Intercultural communication and Networking skills
- Experience in politically sensitive contexts
- Experience in the field of impact-oriented monitoring
36 months (May 2021 to April 2024), with the option of a 1-year extension (to April 2025)