The Da Afghanistan Bank, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan have received financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Financial Sector Repaid Response Project (FSRRP) and intends to use part of the proceed of the grant towards payment under which this Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) is being issued.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to provide support to DAB and its Accounting and Finance Directorate on the areas detailed below, including gap assessment, DAB capacity assessment to adopt FIRS, development of an action plan for IFRS adoption, updating financial reporting requirements, review of the existing accounting policies and helping Accounting Finance Department (AFD) to prepare new policies as per DAB requirement, review budgeting and planning function, especially focusing on establishment of costing function with responsibility centered accounting in AFD .
The proposed assignment will focuses on the following activities:
- Component One: It includes Assessment of the current accounting process/Systems of the DAB/Central Bank, Capacity assessment of the existing staff of the accounting department. Assessment of the current organization, Assessment of the DAB current internal controls, GAP analysis.
- Component Two: Preparing IFRS Adoption, Diagnostic and needs assessment, Design and planning of remedial actions, Solution development Action plan, Assessing staff capacity.
The deliverable and responsibilities of the consultant will include the following:
- Report and Recommendation on Capacity Assessment of Finance &Accounts (F&A) Staff Need Assessment and Review of F&A Dept. and Internal Control and Guidelines & Recommendation, Assessment, Review & Recommendation on existing reporting system Gap Analysis Report – Assessment, Review & Recommendation on the current DAB Internal Controls, Organizational Structure and Processes of DAB and thereby identifying the key factors for change towards the desired state of International Based Practices.
- Diagnostic and Need Assessment Report for adoption of IFRS (Component Two, Stage One) Action plan for implementation of adoption of IFRS (Component Two, Stage Two and Three)
- Training Materials on IFRS to be delivered to staff throughout the terms of this contract (Component Two)
- Relevant work experience, risk finance, audit or related areas.
- Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Business, Economics, Public Policy, or related discipline.
- Ability to develop, and communicate complex ideas effectively through visuals – strong PowerPoint, Prezi and Illustrator skills are an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in high stress environments.
- Proven ability to share best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners.
- Strong oral and written skills in English and ability to articulate ideas, verbally and in writing, in a clear and compelling way across different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to high-level analytical work and investment operations.
- Ability to play a key role in implementing the strategic direction of the work program;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a broad team.
- Strong business judgment and analytical decision making – analyzes facts and data to support sound logical decision-making regarding own and others' work.