The BMZ-funded TC module on rural development "Sustainable Development in Rural Areas in Albania", implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH since January 2019.
The TC module applies an integrated approach on rural development with a focus on agriculture and rural tourism.
The TC module works in four fields of interventions (Outputs) so that:
- strategies and policies for sustainable rural development are available;
- the efficiency of selected market-oriented value chains is increased;
- the quality of education and training in the supported value chains is increased;
- knowledge on sustainable rural development is strengthened.
This project “Technical cooperation with Albania” is working for Output 2 “The efficiency of selected market-oriented value chains is increased”
The selected Value chains are:
- Fruit & nuts VCs: apples, stone fruits, chestnuts, berries
- Vegetable VCs: export-oriented vegetables
- Medicinal and aromatic plants (MAP) VCs: dried MAPs, essential oils (implemented by GIZ)
- Small ruminants: sheep and goat dairy products