The region of Trifinio, situated in the frontier area of El Salvador,
The objective of CAMARENA has been to improve the transboundary support and implementation of a sustainable use of natural resources in the region of Trifinio.
Component 1: Models of sustainable use of natural resources
- Initiation of innovative models for valorisation of natural resources in favour of the local population with a gender-differentiated approach.
- Creation of examples for an involvement of the private sector in the sustainable use and commercialisation of natural resources.
- Transmission of experiences with the initiated models to project partners at national and regional level and to donor institutions.
- Choice of the models that have to be developed, i.e. the determination of promising forms of land use, cultivation products and valorisation methods.
Component 2: Organisational and management capacities
- Creation of new (also transboundary) cooperation agreements between relevant actors to advance a sustainable use of natural resources.
- Advice of local authorities in the development and integration of instruments of the climate oriented risk management in local and regional development plans.
- Municipal advice regarding the aim of sustainable management of natural resources and transboundary management of water catchment areas.
- Transboundary cooperation and catastrophe prevention.
- Adaptation to climate change.