The Project aimed at establishing a legally and independent Credit Guarantee Fund (trust fund), which is managed by a local management team and staff.
The following has been achieved:
- Physical infrastructure (EPCGF office) is established.
- Technical assistance needs of banks are identified and action plan is in force.
- Local management team of EPCGF and bank staff is trained and operational.
- Policy and procedures are in place in adhered to.
- EPCGF and banks are working together according to a Management Information System.
- Business plan and operations manual is in place and adhered to.
- Five local banks participate in CGF at any given time.
- Permanent and sustainable legal set-up of EPCGF is achieved (overseas trust fund).