The Climate-Friendly Agribusiness Value Chains Project is aimed at enhancing competitiveness of rice value chains in Khammouane, Saravan and Savannakhet Provinces, and vegetable value chains in Vientiane Capital, Champasak and Sekong provinces. The project will improve climate resilience of agricultural infrastructure, and enhance crop productivity, diversification and commercialization. The project will help improve storage, processing, quality and safety testing capacity, and promote the use of biofertilizers and organic farming. It will strengthen technical and institutional capacity for climate smart agriculture (CSA) and create an enabling environment for climate-friendly agribusinesses to promote environmental sustainability and enhance profitability for farmers and agribusinesses.
The Agribusiness Value Chain Specialist will have overall responsibility for the successful implementation of the MGS and SFS. S/he will:
- Lead the team, proving oversight and mentoring to the business analysts;
- Update the operations manual and prepare relevant associated documents, templates, guidelines, etc. necessary to administer and manage the MGS; and
- Provide support in preparing applicant business plans, assessing them, and
- Preparing milestone payment schedules and grantee M&E plans.
- Master’s degree in agribusiness or an agribusiness related subject
- Experience in (i) managing matching grant projects or challenge funds (with at least some agriculture portfolio)
- Preparing business plans
- Conducting analysis of business plans (preferably including cash flow and other financial analysis and financial modelling modelling), including for agricultural enterprises;
- Preferably experience with agricultural value chains (rice and vegetables)
- Preferably working in Lao or in Southeast Asia