The service is sought to provide direct technical support to the 5 grants beneficiaries under the HEARD project (Federal Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries (MoLF), International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) and the Ethiopian Veterinarian Association (EVA), and to the 3 regional states (Amhara, Somali and Oromia) Bureaus of Livestock and Fisheries. The HEARD project aim to increase income generation from livestock and livestock products in livestock producing communities through increased and safer livestock products and livestock productivity with informed and strategic animal health interventions, strengthening quality of veterinary services delivery optimized and creating sustainable enabling environment for quality public and private veterinary services to better serve the animal health.
The 3 expected results of the HEARD project are:
1) The quality of public and private veterinary services strengthened and delivery optimized;
2) Technical competences and incentives for veterinary service providers improved; and
3) Capacity built for food safety of primary products of animal origin and for control of zoonotic diseases.
The TA under close supervision of the MoLF will assist the planning and implementation process as well as facilitating coordination of the project actions under the five grants; including an advisory role in projectprocurement procedures as well as monitoring and reporting of project implementation progresses.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in veterinary medicine or related field
- Full computer literacy.
- Fluency in English.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience in veterinary services capacity building;
- Experience in at least one project or assignment of capacity building in an EU Member State or candidate country;
- Experience in at least one project or assignment to strengthen veterinary institutions in an EU Member State or candidate country;
- Experience in at least one project or assignment to promote multi-stakeholders initiatives related with animal health (e.g. awareness raising/sensitization campaign, wide consultation);
Open, this project is still in the forecast and the scope of activties and the timeframe will be updated accordingly