The "Enhancing the Competitiveness of Small and Medium Size Enterprises (ECOS)" project in Uganda aims to increase the competitiveness of 1,000 Ugandan SMEs to create employment and improve the employment situation of workers through increased income, secured jobs, and improved working conditions.
Tasks of the Technical Advisor: Innovation and Digitalization:
- Support the Team Leader in managing and implementing all key outputs of this tender related to increased innovation and digitalization amongst participating SMEs.
- Design, implement, monitor, and evaluate capacity development measures for local partners in the following areas: business diagnostics, innovation management, and digitalization.
- Take cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality).
- Develop models for business diagnostics, innovation, and digitalization.
- Ensure quality implementation, monitoring, and reporting of project activities in accordance with deadlines.
- Train the national expert pool in the use of models developed during the project.
- Develop course modules in key intervention areas targeting Innovation and digitalization.
- Support the implementation of innovation and digitization objectives.
- Education/Training: Master's Degree in any of these fields: Information Technology, Project Management, Business Administration and Innovation Management or a related field.
- Languages: Knowledge of English, C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in developing and implementing trainings/capacity development measures in the field of SME promotion.
- Specific professional experience: 3 years of professional experience in designing new business concepts and models for SMEs in Uganda; 2 years of professional experience in managing innovation in SMEs; 2 years of professional experience in managing digitalization in SMEs (2 out of 10 points
- Leadership/management experience: Not Applicable
- Regional experience: 10 years of professional experience in Uganda
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 5 years of experience working on international development cooperation projects.
- Other: 5 years of demonstrable experience in supporting start-ups in Uganda.
Project duration: 2 years; input: 80 working days