The EIB is considering the funding of a Technical Assistance Programme (“TA Programme”) to the benefit of Financial Institutions located in the Caribbean region, which are either existing or potential clients of the Bank.
The Caribbean region falls within the African, Caribbean and Pacific countries (ACPs) in which the EIB conducts lending and Technical Assistance projects. The Caribbean region is formed of Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago.
The objective of this TA Programme, financed by the ACP-IF subsidy envelope, is to deploy EIB’s funding in an efficient, responsible and sustainable manner, in accordance with the Bank’s standards and requirements through capacity building of Financial Institutions and Final Beneficiaries.
The consortium AFC/ADG/INTEGRATION is in charge of a similar project of EIB in East Africa since 2014.
He / She acts as a consultant-trainer and diagnoses needs among the Final Beneficiaries and drafts ToRs to mobilise short-term experts and quality control their deliverables. KE4 will be in close contact with the Financial Institutions to identify Final Beneficiaries needs.
He / She will work in coordination with the EIB Santo Domingo office on ways to link the project to universities and to reach sustainability of training activities for Financial Institutions and Final Beneficiaries.
He / She will be in charge of planning and preparing workshops and training sessions and/or mobilising short-term experts to that effect within the geographic zones/ financial institutions under their remit. The responsibilities include drafting training ToRs, quality management control, training evaluation, guidance to trainees, reporting on attendance, performance, satisfaction and other indices relating to the functioning of the in situ training programme or consulting actions delivered. Monitor and report on the project’s progress, achievements of results and impact achieved.
Qualification and skills:
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking or related field or equivalent professional experience;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required along with a working knowledge of French;
- Computer literacy including ability to use the advanced functions of MS office to create reports and customised spreadsheets for financial analysis and management reporting purposes;
- Good writing and communication skills;
General Professional Experience
- Good management skills evidenced by at least 3 years in a senior management role preferably in the private sector, in a financial/credit analysis function of a regional/local microfinance provider or MSME bank;
- In depth knowledge of the banking/corporate lending in developing or transition countries as evidenced by at least 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Good analytical skills in all aspects of the loan generation cycle and identification and mitigation of lending risks in the MSME sector. He / She should have a good understanding of the overall challenges that MSMEs encounter and be able to adapt the business knowledge to local entrepreneurs that may not be financially literate;
- Practical experience and proven track record in delivering professional bank/business training programmes preferably in the Caribbean region;
Specific Professional Experience:
- At least 2 years of professional experience either in corporate business or within a local microfinance provider, with specific focus on MSME lending, non-performing loan management, identification and control of lending risks in the local context. Knowledge of Credit Risk Systems is an advantage. Professional experience in a small business is an advantage;
- Experience with Bottom of the Pyramid capacity building is an advantage. Experience designing financial literacy programs also at an academic level is an advantage;
- Good analytical skills in economic and MSME project finance planning and implementation;
- Practical experience and proven track record in the capacity building of financial institutions such as microfinance institutions or banks, including: development of training plans, development of curricula and training materials, organisation and delivery of trainings; coaching and mentorship experience
The period of execution of the contract will be 36 months