The EIB is considering the funding of a Technical Assistance Programme (“TA Programme”) to the benefit of Financial Institutions located in the Caribbean region, which are either existing or potential clients of the Bank.
The Caribbean region falls within the African, Caribbean and Pacific countries (ACPs) in which the EIB conducts lending and Technical Assistance projects. The Caribbean region is formed of Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago.
The objective of this TA Programme, financed by the ACP-IF subsidy envelope, is to deploy EIB’s funding in an efficient, responsible and sustainable manner, in accordance with the Bank’s standards and requirements through capacity building of Financial Institutions and Final Beneficiaries.
The consortium AFC/ADG/INTEGRATION is in charge of a similar project of EIB in East Africa since 2014.
The Team Leader (m/f) shall be responsible for the delivery of all services and deliverables under this contract. He / She will supervise the team mobilised for the production of deliverables under the four Components, ensure quality management and timely corrective action as required. He / She will be an expert in microfinance and small business finance.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree, preferably at Masters’ level, in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking or related field or equivalent professional experience. He / She should preferably be a Credit Training Graduate from a major commercial small business bank’s credit training and management induction programme and would preferably be a member of a reputable accounting/banking association;
- At least 10 years’ experience in micro and small business lending/banking;
- Full fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required along with a working knowledge of French;
- Computer literacy including ability to use the advanced functions of MS office to create reports and customised spreadsheets for financial analysis and management reporting purposes;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
General Professional Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience of working in a project management position, including management of staff or experts. Management experience accumulated in a credit department/corporate lending department of microfinance institutions or banks engaged in MSME lending would be an asset;
- In depth knowledge of the banking/corporate lending in developing or transition countries, preferably in the Caribbean region, as evidenced by at least 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- At least 5 years of experience in project coordination.
Specific Professional Experience:
- Proficiency in financial, risk and credit analysis for microfinance sector evidenced by at least 5 years’ experience in a credit lending or corporate lending department of a microfinance institution or a bank engaged in MSME lending and preferably based in the Caribbean region;
- Good analytical skills in economic and MSME project finance planning and implementation (market and financial analysis risk techniques, ability to implement computer based models to analyse performance, development of products);
- Practical experience and proven track record in the capacity building of financial institutions such as microfinance institutions or banks, including: conducting needs assessments and analysis of results, development of subsequent training plans, development of curricula and training materials, organisation and delivery of trainings;
- Experience with EIB lending facilities is preferred (reporting, KYC and AML/ CFT requirements).
The period of execution of the contract will be 36 months