The proposed Maharashtra Agribusiness Network Project (MAGNET) will support the state government of Maharashtra through a holistic approach combining a project loan and financial intermediation loan modalities.
The project is aligned with the following impacts:
- achieve average agriculture sector growth rate of 5 per cent;
- promote agriculture produce export;
- and establish fair, competitive, and accessible agriculture markets.
The project’s outcome is: Maharashtra’s horticultural production values and FPOs’ profits increased. The outputs comprise
- (i) institutional capacities of agribusiness institutions and FPOs strengthened,
- (ii) financial and agribusiness capacities of FPOs and value chain operators (VCOs) strengthened, and
- (iii) agriculture value chain infrastructure improved and operational.
Detailed tasks and/or expected outputs. The consultant will be responsible for the following specific tasks and any other relevant matters:
- (i) work closely with ADB project team, MAGNET Society and other government staff, PISC, and other relevant stakeholders throughout the TA implementation;
- (ii) review MAGNET project documents and outputs of high-level technology consultants, project preparatory consulting firm, post-harvest management and direct marketing studies, and other relevant documents;
- (iii) assess, from business development perspective, the current status and gaps of target crops’ value chains, aggregation, and formation of FPOs in Maharashtra;
- (iv) develop crop-wise assessment and proposals on trade volume and price projections and targets;
- (v) contribute to development crop-wise assessment and proposals on market access and expansion for both domestic and export markets including branding concepts; and capacity development plans of FPOs to enhance their business, financial, and technical capacity and utilize high-level and innovative agriculture technologies and women members; and
- (vi) promote use of high-level and innovative technologies in agribusiness and agriculture value chains of the target crops through various means especially with anchor FPOs and leading VCOs;
- (vii) contribute to development of training material and implementation of capacity development activities from business development perspectives.
- Degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, or a relevant discipline
- Minimum 15 years general experience
- Minimum 10 years specific experience (relevant to assignment)
- Regional/country experience is preferred